BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Mando-pop and J-pop

ByBy2 "Twins" Release: April 17, 2009 Genre: Mando-pop

DNA- “Fantastic!” reminds me of early Jolin Tsai music, the beat is dancy and seems a little late for the time music is in now, it’s a good track it also reminds me a little of a faster paced “Eat You Up” (BoA), but overall as a cd opener its very welcoming to draw the listener in, I also hear growth in their voices from their previous cd

  I Want To (我想要)- An interlude, a bit of talking you wouldn’t understand but they sound cute, they talk fast and I appreciate the cuteness of it all

A Girl Praying (新少女祈禱)-  what is up with all this synthesizing voices now a days, is everyone so afraid of their real voices? Any who this is our first taste of ballad on this cd, I must say once again there has been serious growth and I enjoyed this song, it was slow but it moved along with the cuteness Twins are known for.

I Know (我知)- Another ballad, from a commercial they did, I’m going to try to find it and post it. This one is B-E-A-utiful I absolutely love it! The emotion in it tugs at the heart strings, their range is also showcased here, the synthesizing is ditched and we here the Twins we are used to. Overall one of my favorites already on this CD. I love a good ballad that rocks me to sleep in its emotional arms.

No Explanation (無解呦)- UGH! Why can’t  I be this cute, the song starts off with that  RnB sound the snapping and piano, and it goes into their soft vocals accompanying one another, I must say in this song their voices compliment on another exquisitely. This is a must listen its slow, but it reminds me of a jazz song the kind that make a long drive seem so short and peaceful.

Invisible Commander (無敵帥)- It starts off like a baseball game. >.<* But once again the whole cute aspect shines through its weird lol But I enjoy this song too, another cute one!

What, What (什麼什)- A marionette begins this one, “Uh uh, what, yeh yeh.” When did By2 become gangsta??? Whatever its nice it reminds me of a song but I cannot figure it out! UGH! I love how it goes from one ear to the other when its playing. This is a good song too its slow but has that umph necessary to keep it moving, and a lot of “OHs”

Bravery (勇敢)- Traditional Chinese instruments start of this beautiful ballad, it reminds me of something Kiya Tsui would do. The the vocals come in soft yet strong accompanied by a piano. This song reminds me so much of a song for a sad movie. It’s great though no complaints here. FYI this song was used for a Chinese videogame ^.^

BYE BYE BYE- reminds me so much of Michelle Branch! But anyways soft vocals accompanied by a guitar usually does an ear good. The chorus is strong and this song gives off a soft rock vibe. I love this song also, versatility does them well I must say.

Flash (快閃)- Chinese Country??? Haha! Its not sooo bad >.<* not a favorite but the fast paced singing makes the song interesting. Another cutie tootie song not to my standards.

Don’t Go Away- The cd must be ended with a ballad…This one starts with a piano and some voices softly accompanying it. Soft Vocals come in with power and emotion, a good ballad for the ballad lovers. ^.^ the splashes of English “Don’t Go Away,” are an added bonus

Overall Score: 4/5

Although I have never really liked By2, I find them incredibly cute and their voices on this CD have grown so much since the last cd they produced.  I love Mandarin when I hear it and this Cd did not let me down.

Must Listens: Don’t Go Away, DNA, BYE BYE BYE, Bravery, No Explanation, What What

W-inds and G- Dragon “Rain is fallin’”

OMG! What Korea and Japan in one song. Ok GD his English is perfection! I love listening to him rap in English, I guess that language barrier didn’t permit him to rap in Japanese. This single doesn’t come out until 05/16/2009, but the video is receiving so much good feedback. W-inds dancing is just good, I just want to get up and dance with them! UGH! But the disco thing??? Why? I mean Son Dambi and W-inds is it going to DBSK now? I hope not otherwise I enjoyed this song and this video.  Keita Tachibana’s English is so heavily filled with his accent I think it does the song good. I love the English throughout the song it was good.

5/5 I’m buying this one!